Our therapy practice - Phoenix Men’s Counseling - works specifically with smart, motivated men like yourself who want real results. If your marriage or relationship is struggling, our individual therapy and couples counseling services in Phoenix can help get your marriage or relationship back on the right track.
Maybe your wife or girlfriend keeps telling you that you’re the problem, that you’re not “emotionally available”, you’re too angry, or that you’re not meeting her needs. This leaves you confused, frustrated and maybe angry.
She wants you to “open up more,” or be different and you don’t know how to do that. You feel pressured and resentful. Why can’t she just accept you the way you are?
You’re worried that your marriage or relationship is taking a turn for the worse, and that if you don’t seek couples therapy soon, it might end.
You want counseling alone, or marriage counseling to help fix your marriage or relationship problems, because you know things between you have been better in the past.
I hear guys tell me that “when we’re good, we’re good,” but those times are few and far between now for you and her. You and your mate love each other, but you may not be liking each other right now.
Many men are resistant to getting a therapist for themselves.
Further, many men and women put off seeing a couples or marriage therapist for far too long.
Plenty of men think the relationship or marriage problems will just get better over time, or that they can fix it themselves. Many push aside issues, withdraw or shut down, and avoid talking about the deeper problems, hoping things will improve.
Your relationship problems may leave you feeling:
- Stuck, and don’t know what to do or say
- Frustrated, and end up saying mean or spiteful things that you regret
- Confused about how to meet her needs
- Powerless, without good ways to get past the issues
- Irritable, angry, or just plain negative
- Torn between your head and heart
- Scared of losing your mate and your relationship
Ultimately, you really do want it to work, because you’re not ready to give up on her, or on your relationship. You love her, and you’ve put so much into your relationship but just can’t do without a counselor.
Her happiness - and yours - are your top priorities, and you both miss the fun and ease of your time together. You’ve considered counseling, maybe for a while now, but haven’t taken that first step yet.
Signs you may need counseling in your marriage or relationship:
- Distancing from each other by not speaking or spending as much time together
- Constantly fighting over things big and small, like household chores, money, and sex
- Unhappy more than you’re happy together
- You’re shutting down and withdrawing, or getting angry too often
- Problems get swept under the rug, which fester and grow
- You both fall into being more like roommates or friends, instead of lovers
- Falling into the same pattern or cycle with each conflict, and can’t get out of it
- Cheating or infidelity, or one of you is flirting by regularly talking or texting with someone else.
As an individual counselor as well as marriage and couples therapist, I want to help you solve your relationship problems.
I’m an individual and couples counselor who specializes in working with men and the women who are their partners. I help men and their wives and girlfriends who are struggling in their marriages or their relationships. I help men and couples create more happiness, peace of mind, and less distance and conflict.
Through individual counseling, I’ll work with you to help you find ways to improve your relationship with your partner and to feel better about your relationship. When she’s happier, you’ll be happier.
Through couples counseling, I’ll work with you to figure out what’s broken in your marriage or relationship, and to develop the solutions you need to make your relationship more fulfilling.
Together through therapy, we can help you develop the right tools to reduce conflict, open up to your wife or girlfriend and get back to being happy again together.
Here’s how I can help you with your relationship in counseling:
- Develop more effective communication skills and open up more
- Feel closer and more connected to your partner
- Break out of reactive patterns of conflict without fighting
- Bring back a fulfilling sex life for you and your mate
- Get the support, affection, and validation you need
- Stop resorting to avoidance, withdrawal and other unhealthy behaviors
- Rebuild damaged trust together due to cheating (infidelity)